FULL TIME BOOKKEEPER-ADMINISTRATOR – Four Lawyer Firm
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting procedures, policies and principles, year-end closing and adjustments. Able to complete full month accounting cycle; journals, balance sheets, income statements to trial balance.
- Well versed with accounting software; performance, updates, troubleshooting, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of MS (Excel, Word). Experience with legal software preferred, but not necessary.
- Maintain meticulous records\bookkeeping; payables\receivables and payroll, T4’s, EHT, HST/GST. Full understanding of general ledger(s).
- Strong organizational skills; diligence, prioritize, meet deadlines, attentive to details.
- Able to maintain and reconcile various bank accounts, work with “mixed trust accounts” and clients trust ledgers. Aptitude for mathematics.
- Experience preferred, but not necessary with Law Society reporting; knowledge or recommendations and rulings. Willingness to learn.
- Able to work independently, as well as a team member.
- Oversee office practices and procedures, office equipment, some advertising.
- Should be pro-active, motivated, reliable and accountable. Collaborate with lawyers/partners. Multi-task/ work under pressure.
Interested parties are asked to forward a current resume to Dianne Deacon, firstname.lastname@example.org, deliver in person or by mail to the Perth office.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.